FW: RFH...a short review

Jobson, Eddie EJobson at THRUPOINT.NET
Fri Oct 26 06:38:28 EDT 2001

I now have a copy of the RFH gig and can give my belated 'lightweight'
comments as I did not actually attend in person.

I thought The Watcher was excellent and in my opinion only the second live
song I've heard Alan sing that I thought he did well. (The other being Gimme
Shelter.) Also liked Lighthouse, Motorway City, Hurry on, A&B and Golden
Void. Was a bit dissapointed with New Jeruselem and thought Alan singing
lead on Ejection was a definate no no. I liked it better with Dave.

After looking through Bernhard's track listings for recorded gigs, noticed
that Kings of Speed didn't feature live until 1989! So where did that
instrumental version on the Zoo EP come from. Was it indeed the backing
track for the single? Was Kings of Speed any good on that tour? Who did the
vocals and if good does anyone have a good gig from that tour featuring it
to trade, either CD-R or cassette?

Thanks for Colin for the RFH, Andy Gee for the latest batch of vinyl to
digital UPGRADES and Z E Itgeist for the Calvert stuff.

I'm still after the following on CD if anyone can help:
Calvert Hype, HW ASAM, PXR5, HL 25 Years On, Sonic Attack, Chronicle Black
Sword, Xenon Codex.

Did nothing ever materialise from that Top Ten footage of the Hawklords? I
sent an email to Kris as recommended by Steve Litchfield but got no
response. Are the band still chasing it or have they dropped it?

Thanks,

Eddie Jobson (NOT THE FAMOUS ONE EVERYONE KEEPS ASKING ME IF I AM!)