HW: Mission Control: New Orders

Guido N. Vacano nycademon at HOME.COM
Sun Oct 28 12:57:33 EST 2001

The site definitely gets my vote for "most gratuitous use of javascript"
:-P. Rik, I liked the heroic attempt to prevent people from viewing the
source code ("Authorized Hawkwind Personnel Access Only!" indeed!), but you
might have better luck with server side scripting. In addition to the "text
only" option, how about a "no bells and whistles" option, or at least a good
site map, to facilitate retrieving the actual content you've worked hard to
provide?

All IMHO, of course.

Guido

obWEBdesignBOOK: _Creating Killer Web Sites_ by David Siegel

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU]On
Behalf Of Rik Rx / Val Vx
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2001 7:17 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: HW: Mission Control: New Orders

++STAR WARRIORS

Something SPOOKY is going on at Mission Control:

Visit the updates page for the latest information:
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~hwind/up_.htm

We have noticed many questions on these lists that could be answered by
visiting the Mission Control site at www.hawkwind.org.uk. Things such as
Lyrics, Core Album info, Band member profiles and the like are all up on the
site. . . . . .

However, to make things easier, the whole Mission Control site is under
heavy redesign at the moment, and on relaunch will include many more pages,
better navigation, a password protected area for HW passport holders, audio
and video streaming, a web-board, on-line merchandising, e-mail announcement
facility, java chat facility, WAP extensions, a chillout zone, upgraded
guestbook, a text only option (hi Arin !), downloadable HW screensavers,
Desktop themes and browser skins, and loads of updates and fixes for those
visitors with electronically or digitally challenged connections. Our test
pilots are currently hard at work checking the new layouts, and
announcements will be made over the next few Months. The site will still
work on hawkwind.org.uk, but will be hosted on our new www.hawkwind.info
domain.

Have a good Halloween !

Rx&Vx