HW: Mission Control: New Orders

Rik Rx hw at CY-B.ORG
Sun Oct 28 13:27:14 EST 2001

Hmmmm.... it seems in your haste to criticize, you didn't actually bother to
read the content of the mail....

Please note the following extracts: "a text only option" / "better
navigation" etc. The *whole point* of the mail was to inform people that the
things you kindly noted were already being addressed. Thanx anyhow.

The click disable was simply put there to force people to use the page's own
navigation, and yes, ssi's would be a better way to do stuff, and you'll
notice that as hawkwind.info develops, we are already beginning to do just
that. However, the existing site is, and has always been, a "javafest" by
intention to fit an exacting brief.

Oh ya, thanx 4 the book ref but there are also *far* better books on
webdesign that I use when lecturing on the subject to great effect.
IMHO, of course.

Rx

On Sun, 28 Oct 2001 10:57:33 -0700, Guido N. Vacano <nycademon at HOME.COM>
wrote:

>The site definitely gets my vote for "most gratuitous use of javascript"
>:-P. Rik, I liked the heroic attempt to prevent people from viewing the
>source code ("Authorized Hawkwind Personnel Access Only!" indeed!), but you
>might have better luck with server side scripting. In addition to the "text
>only" option, how about a "no bells and whistles" option, or at least a
good site map, to facilitate retrieving the actual content you've worked
hard to provide?