OFF: RE: HW: Mission Control: New Orders

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Oct 29 03:36:19 EST 2001

At 20.22 -0700 01-10-28, Guido N. Vacano wrote:
>Your lectures must really be something. Let's see. "Class, for maximum
>effect, use lots of pointless JavaScript (you know, the kind that doesn't
>really serve any useful function), use purple and yellow text on a starry
>background, "beam" the text in a la Star Trek Transporter. Make sure your
>site's "live" while you're implementing "better navigation" so that people
>can get completely lost and will have to make extensive use of the handy
>dandy "back" button to get back to (one of two) "home" pages, and most
>importantly, protect your kewl code with a cute javascript that gives you an
>"Authorized Hawkwind Personnel Access Only!" popup when someone right clicks
>on the page to view the code.

I take this to indicate that Mission Control is still absolutely
maddening?  I haven't dared go there for ages because it invariably
crashed my browser before I could find any actual information.
Sounds like it's still kind of over the top :/

Perhaps there could be version that was a web page with easily
accessible info and data as well a version that is a light show?  I'm
sure there are people out there who live for a dazzling web
experience, and I'm glad they're being catered to -- but I'd settle
for a web site that didn't drive me into a homicidal frenzy just
trying to figure out what the heck is going on ....

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson