OFF: Poco/Springfield was Lemmy on US network TV

Z E Itgeist stuart.hamilton at SCOTTISH.PARLIAMENT.UK
Mon Oct 29 07:41:35 EST 2001

For those interested in 70s guitar heros I would heartily recommend
checking out Rick Ray.  His output is prodigious (oo-er)

Reviews at;
http://the-rocker.freeservers.com/August2001/22.html
http://the-rocker.freeservers.com/Feb2001/rickray3.html
http://the-rocker.freeservers.com/Dec2000/reviews.htm
http://the-rocker.freeservers.com/Jan2001/reviews.htm

Ricks website is at http://communities.msn.com/GuitaristRickRay

Most obscure cover tune - Rick Ray (obviously a Hendrix/Trower freak - he
played Too Rolling Stoned as proof of the latter, and an excerpt of Third
Rock as proof of the former) doing Mick Bolton-era UFO's song "Catch a
Falling Star" or whatever the title is.  A couple of us recognized it too
(though I couldn't remember who it was until he announced it at the end
admittedly).  Somewhere I have a copy of "Space Metal."  Prince Kajuku is a
wonder.

SD'2001 All-star band (all IMHO of course):
Vocals - Ray (MQB)
Rhythm Guitar/Ebow drone - the Speaker\Cranker trio
Lead Guitar - Richard Orlando (AP), the elfin twin of Ali Davey
Synths - Douglas Walker (AP/Nik)
Loops - Paul Williams (QSpace)
Bass - Scott Prato (World of Tomorrow)
Drums - Thom Marianetti (Nik)
Sax/Flute - Nik Turner
Violin - Michelle George (ESO)
Bass Clarinet - Dude from Rick Ray (not a whole lot of competition!)
(This would have been a cool band to see!)