OFF: RE: HW: Mission Control: New Orders

Guido N. Vacano nycademon at HOME.COM
Mon Oct 29 09:26:30 EST 2001

I'm usually the "get the latest of everything type", which served me well
until Internet Exploder 5.5 :-P. What a piece of unstable junk! Version 6.0
seems to be a significant improvement as fara as stability goes, although
there are some added features that are a little annoying. The only browser I
REALLY like is Opera.

Guido

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU]On
Behalf Of Alex S. Garcia
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 4:12 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: OFF: RE: HW: Mission Control: New Orders

>hmm, I don't know why it would crash people's browsers so much, unless
>you're running an old version.  Does everybody know browser updates are
>free?  Just go to IE or Netscape's site and download the newest version or
>update.  IE is so easy anybody could do it.

And does everybody know that some people would rather stick to their older
version for one reason or another? Last I heard, that's called freedom, BTW.
Having a site (and I'm not pointing fingers at Mission Control here, since
I'm not familiar with it) requiring that I get the latest version of my
browser or to add a plug-in or whatnot to see the site just tends to get
from me the opposite reaction: I just leave.

Alex.

Progressive rock : rip.xrs.net