OFF: Fun with PhotoShop and Hawkwind's take on intellectual property

Guido N. Vacano nycademon at HOME.COM
Tue Oct 30 09:34:44 EST 2001

I guess the host was down when you tried earlier. Well, there's not much to
be SAID about it, I guess. My point, I suppose, is that a site can perhaps
satisfy an "exacting brief" without resorting to methods that may work on
some browsers, but won't work on others. Of course, "my" site
(http://eri.uchsc.edu) works like crap under Opera (a problem I'm going to
try to address, though some pages, I think, are hopeless until Opera gets
adequate javascript support).

To make this at least a BIT topical, what's Hawkwind's policy on
intellectual property, such as MP3s, concert recordings, images, videos,
etc.?

Guido

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU]On
Behalf Of Nick Medford
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 6:40 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: OFF: Fun with PhotoShop

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 07:32:26 -0500, Nick Medford <nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK>
wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 22:57:00 -0700, Guido N. Vacano <nycademon at HOME.COM>
>wrote:
>
>>Hello--
>>
>>        Thought you might enjoy this. :-)
>>
>>http://www.vacano.com/guido/hawk.jpg
>
>Link doesn't work.

Well it's working now. Looks OK. Er, I don't know what else to say about
it. I'm sure there are lots of clever, nay, *pungent* things to be said
about Javascript and source code and general webby things. Anyone?

Nick "Ned Lud" Medford

PS: I offer this in place of any useful comments:

http://www.nytimes.com/books/97/05/18/reviews/pynchon-luddite.html

The great Thomas Pynchon on Ned Lud, science fiction, and the changing
times.