HW: more Yule Credits

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Oct 30 16:39:35 EST 2001

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:29:14 -0500, K Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
wrote:
>Just got me 'Yule Ritual' in the post yesterday (huge thanks to MC)

Me, too!  (Thanks Andy G!)

>and threw it on a minute ago. So far, it sounds fantastic.

Yes, the sound is great, BUT ... I have a major problem with one aspect of
the mastering (DEFINITELY the mastering, and NOT the recording or mix ... I
hope that Dallas Simpson did that job for cheap or free - I personally
would NOT allow him anywhere near a "rock band" mastering job - he should
stick with the techno).

>Anyway, my question is...I distinctly heard the band intros at the
>start of the show, and one Harvey Bainbridge is announced, but as I
>look at the credits in the booklet, I do not see Harvey's name listed.
>Is this just an unintentional oversight/typographical error? Having
>just talked to the man, I can't imagine what else it could be.

Um, yes.  He's definitely missing from the credits (and, as far as I can
tell, the photos).

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:49:17 -0500, K Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
wrote:
>I'm up to Track 5 ("Flying Doctor") and I'm hearing Ron Tree singing,
>and he isn't credited with vocals on this track.  And Moorcock is...
>but of  course, that's Track 6 (over the phone)...which is just starting
> - came through a lot better than I would have guessed.

And yes, the vocal credits are completely off.  It's not at all tough to
figure out who-sings-what, though.

>How many other inaccuracies are there?  I'm not sure about the writing
>credits...I was thinking that perhaps Motorway City (HLL?)

As previously noted, "Motorway City" is, and always has been, exclusively a
Brock composition.

>and/or Freefall (Calvert?) had multiple credits originally,

... and "Flying Doctor", and "High Rise" (the writing credits appear to be
correct for all the non-Calvert songs, though).  Some people never die.

>P.S. Is that Jerry (in the high-top court shoes) standing next to Ali in
>the upper left photo on the second page of photos?

That would be my guess.

>Who's in the bottom right corner (also upper right corner of last page)?
>Harvey?

Can't you tell by the hat? ;^)  (actually, you can't really see the hat in
the photos, unfortunately, but you do mean the guy in the mask, right?)
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that would be our own mr.
Kniveton.

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com