OFF: CD sale

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Oct 30 23:22:31 EST 2001

Hi Folks...

Well, as I was saying in my SD2001 review, I didn't really do any sales at
the show, so the items I'd been saving up I still have.  And now I have to
pay off my hotel bill for the two days, and my cc full of CD purchases.  So
I guess if nobody minds too much about me using boc-l as a medium for
commercialization (hey, I just gave away free stuff last week!), here's
what I have to offer.  First come, first served.  A large majority of these
are things that I already owned and picked up at second hand shops around
the area for trading/offering at SD's, so these aren't things I don't
recommend (unless noted).

Of course, respond off-list (henderson.120 at osu.edu)

Grakkl (FAA)

Space/Psych/Post-Rock:

Alchemysts - Zero Zen (most recent effort by heavy psych-rock band on
Woronzow/Rubric) $7
Asha Vida - Nature's Clumsy Hands (Experimental post-rock from Detroit) $6
Asteroid #4 - Apple Street EP (more 60s retro psych than "Introducing...") $5
Bardo Pond - Amanita (psychedelic drone, my favorite of theirs) $6
Robert Calvert - Freq (Cleo version w/ Hornets/Greenfly single) $6
Circle - Pori (Great, brilliant, hypno-space-industrial group from Finland,
US version) $7
Martijn de Kleer - Flow (Pink Dots' guitarist, folksy dreamy stuff) $6
Ebeling Hughes - Transformed Night (laid-back, slow-moving textural space) $6
Foreign Spaces - Dark Star (pretty cool ambient/electronic works, German) $8
Guru Guru - Live '98 (2xLP) (gatefold, all but two tracks from the 1998
material on the 3CD box release, great reunion show w/ Genrich, Suzuki,
Karoli, others guesting) $12 + extra $1 shipping
Hawkwind - Psychedelic Warlords (Cleo comp., decent enough) $6
Steve Hillage - Live in Concert (BBC show, sl. different packaging) $7
Hopewell - The Curved Glass (a little better than Flaming Lips/Mercury Rev
IMHO) $6
Komeda - The Genius of Komeda (Swedish fun pop group with strong kraut
tendencies) $6
Legendary Pink Dots - Hallway of the Gods (recent work, several great
tunes) $7
Lithium X-Mas - Bad Karma (psych rock, many covers including Magnu) $6
Mercury Rev - See You On The Other Side (Don't care for trumpets in 'space
rock') $5
Monster Magnet - 25....tab (long-winded psychedelic excursions, before MTV) $6
Novadriver - Void (Blue collar stoner rock from Detroit) $6
Sabine - Sabine (DC-area experimental post-rock band, water damage to
booklet) $3
777 - System 7.3 (2xCD) - Fire & Water (one techno - ick; one space/ambient
- cool) $10
Adrian Shaw - Head Cleaner (first solo CD...not bad, w/ drum machine on all
but 2 tracks...Nick S., S. House, B. Watts guest) $7
Sky Cries Mary - A Return to the Inner Experience (Seattle modern-space
collective) $6
Spacehead - In Space We Trust (Compilation of material from '95-'98,
crunchy) $8
Spiral Realms - Trip to G9 (Simon's first under this moniker) $7
ST37 - Spaceage (Nice space/psych album from Texas band, several classic
covers) $8
SunDial - Other Way Out (Gary Ramon & Co....very nice disc!) $7
Tortoise - TNT (Famous Chicago post-rock outfit, well respected album) $6
Tristeza - Dream Signals in Full Circles (spacey post-rock, some Neu!
ripoffs) $7
Nik Turner - Prophets of Time (zero continuity hodge-podge) $5
Vagtazo Halottkemek - Dancing with the Sun (Crazy Hungarian group) $6
Zendik Orgaztra - Dance of the Cozmic Warriorz (totally off-the-wall psych) $6

Others: (for any two you select from the above, you can have 50% off one of
these below - I'll honor those you choose that someone else has already
snagged, that is if you manage to claim for yourself at least one thing
from the above)
Blue Oyster Cult - Heaven Forbid $4
Brain Surgeons - Eponymous $4
The Buck Pets - To The Quick (grundgey band from Dallas) $4
Deep Purple - Purpendicular (Recent work w/ Morse) $3 (used) $5 (sealed)
Dream Theater - Falling into Infinity $5
Edith - A Space Between Ever and Never (like iQ with lousy drummer) $6
fIREHOSE - Flyin' the Flannel $4
Flotilla - Flotilla (modern poppy electronic works, Sky Cries Mary
labelmates) $5
It Bites - Once Around the World EP (Hillage-produced poppy prog-metal) $5
Jadis - More than Meets the Eye (neo-prog) $6
Markus James - Season of Dread (Bay Area eastern psych-flavored stuff) $5
Marillion - Clutching at Straws $5
Marillion - B-Sides Themselves (UK) $7
Marillion - Real to Reel (UK) $7
Marillion - The Thieving Magpie (first disc only...various Fish material) $4
Mother Love Bone (pre-Pearl Jam) - Self-titled 2CD $6
Motorhead - Orgasmatron (Sinclair release) $6
Bob Mould - Workbook $5
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime $4
Strontium 90 - Police Academy (The Police & Gong's Mike Howlett) $5
Roger Taylor - Happiness? (Queen drummer/guitarist/vocalist) $6
TNR - The Chessboard (Hammill-ish Italian band) $6
Treponem Pal - Aggravation (nasty French band) $4
UFO - Walk on Water (Reunion album w/ Schenker/Mogg/Way) $5
Velvet Underground - The Best of... $5

US Domestic Shipping - $1 for 1st, $1 additional up to $3 max (unlimited #)
- specify w/ or w/o jewel boxes (cut Shipping by 50% for w/o)
For Overseas or Canada - write to work out payment/shipping