HW: Yule Ritual Cover Art

Melvyn Vincent mel at MVA.U-NET.COM
Wed Oct 31 04:07:09 EST 2001

I must say that the front cover of Yule is pretty bad in its overall finish.
 The graphics are so 'choppy' it looks like it was knocked up on an old
sinclair ZX spectrum computer from the 80's (or someting like that).

Personally I'd like to see the cover art on future HW albums adopting a
more modern look.
The Epoch Eclipse cover sets a really good example and (to the unitiated)
helps project the band (and enclosed music) in a more contemporary light.
I think it's worth acknowledging that it's not just 'crusty ole hippies'
that purchase HW albums.

When I was a teenager....(many years ago)...it was not unusual for the
cover art on an album to attract me to the musical contents of a particular
artist.
I'm not sure the cover of 'Yule' does the contents justice at all.
Anyone else have any feelings on this?

mel