OFF: what was it with the 80s...?

on no! more! deltawave at METRONET.COM
Wed Oct 31 07:07:21 EST 2001

excerpt*<<looming large in my memory are Saint Vitus and Overkill>> *end
excerpt
SF

when I drove out to California in 89 to see Hawkwind in L.A., we rounded a
corner and bumped face to face with a couple of the guys from St. Vitus,
and they were in a bad mood, and could "smell" that we were not local, and
they said something wrong, and my friend jumped right into position with
fists, I cringed and looked to see where I would run off to like a
squirrel, but they quickly realised my friends were almost as "cool" as
they were, and once they heard we were from Texas, the one of them had a
mom or an aunt or something, and a nice long conversation was had by
all.......one of them was the "new" singer as of 89.....