OFF: UFO (was: SD2001)

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Oct 31 15:13:41 EST 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 02:35:31 -0500, K Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
wrote:
>OK, well yes it was Heavy Liquid.  And duh...the song they did *was* Prince
>Kajuku, the one I remember I liked from 'Space Metal,' which is just (of
>course) a compilation double-LP from UFO's first 3 albums (one live).  I
>think the track in question was from UFO 2, but not sure about that.

Yes, "Prince Kajuku" is on 'UFO2' aka 'Flying' aka 'One Hour Space Rock'.
I can never remember which of "Prince Kajuku" and "The Coming of Prince
Kajuku" is the instrumental, and which one has the lyrics ... but as MC
said ... splitting hairs ...

>A bit of trivia - Bernie Marsden
>replaced Mick Bolton before Schenker joined.  So there's a UFO - Hawkwind
>link via the Marsden connection to Paice, Ashton, and Lord, and the Paul
>Martinez connection from PAL to Richard Strange and hence, Martin Griffin.
>I'm guessing there are others,

Between Bolton and Marsden, Larry Wallis was the guitar player.  So through
him, you have Mick Farren & Paul Rudolph & Al Powell connections to
Hawkwind.

>maybe with Pete Way or something.  Can't
>remember who was in that 'Waysted' band he had in that awful 80s period.
>They were pretty damn bad from what I remember.  Jerry tells me Pete Way
>lives here in Columbus now!  That's whack!

Fastway with Eddie Clarke gets you straight to Lemmy!

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com