HW: Yule Credits

Dan Witt Lwitt1 at QWEST.NET
Wed Oct 31 16:23:31 EST 2001

I am not positive, but the label might leave something like that off to
avoid paying a fee to ascap or bmi (if I recall correctly those are the two
places).  Whenever you cover a song you're supposed to pay a fee of $78.00
per every one thousand copies made to the company that is handling the
copyright .  Obviously Dave Brock would not have to pay a fee on any of his
own material.  There might be a fee though on anything with Bob's name.  I'm
pretty sure this subject has been discussed before, song writing credits on
the live albums, that is.  You could probably find out more in the archives
of the list.

This is all my best guess and I'm not saying anybody has done anything
wrong.