HW: Yule Credits

Keith Barton keithb at CINESITE.CO.UK
Wed Oct 31 16:47:01 EST 2001

dave hall wrote:

> Hm,
> I've been thinking about this one too. Huw is featured on the sleeve but
> does he play on the CD. Also Bob Calverts name is missing from some of the
> credits.

Umm...I know this is tenuous but here goes.....
I work in the film industry and OK I've got credits on some big movies, I've
also lost count of the number of times I haven't received a credit for the work
I've done on a film yet I see some names and think "what the hell did they do
on it?". Two Bond movies spring to mind.....
I've learnt to live with it.... it happens.....and it's *nothing* to do with
money.
"Oh yes but the music industry's different" you might say. I did backline for
"The Sisters Of Mercy" - did I get any credit in black and white? No - but I
had a damn good time doing it and I've got some great friends out of it too!
Sometimes people do something just because they enjoy doing it. IMHO it's often
a misconception that there's a hidden agenda when people don't get credit -
you'll find there usually isn't. Welcome to the future......

Errmmmm......I'll get me coat.......

Keef