HW: Hawkwind x 2 (I think not)

Ian Abrahams ian at ABRAHAMSI.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Wed Sep 5 09:22:51 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Bottomley <merlinas at DIRCON.CO.UK>
> In the radio interview with Nik featured on the recent "Transglobal
Friends
> & Relations" CD he states his belief that anyone associated with Hawkwind
or
> who has been in any way "touched" by Hawkwind should be able to use the
> name.
>
> Right then. How about Keith Hale's Hawkwind? Presumably Nik was more than
> happy about Ginger Baker's Hawkwind's Italian tour in the early 80's?
> Perhaps I'll get some mates together & play a few local pubs & bill us as
> Hawkwind? Hardly a recipe for maintaining the "spirit" or "conscience" of
> Hawkwind either.
>
> At least it seems that Huw's had the good sense to quit the Nik band.

And a copy of things that spring to mind, if Nik was a member of the "real"
Hawkwind, no doubt he'd be as against this sort of thing as DB. Secondly, as
I understand it, a lot of the blame for some of the substandard
"semi-official" releases that have prolifered (ie Yuri Gagarin) can be laid
directly at Nik's door. Maybe the complaints about the latest Nikwind
release aren't too surprising after all!

Ian