HW:Calvert influences

Steve P Steve at DOREMI.CO.UK
Wed Sep 5 15:49:34 EDT 2001

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:05:29 -0400, you sent through the ether:

>'No Dogs, No Irishmen'.  Very fun read, as you'd
>probably expect.  He wasn't a roadie for them, though (that seems to be a
>very persistent rumor!).

Agreed that's a fun read..

When I toured with Calvert he told me all about John Rotten following
Hawkwind on tour & having many conversations with Bob, when you find out
what Rotten was listening to pre-punk this makes perfect sense..he was
very Space Rock/Krautrock..

Anyone remember the "Sounds" review of "Anarchy in the UK"? "Sounds like
Silver Machine" it said... and it does... (a bit)  :)

-S.