HW: Hawkwind x 2 (I think not)

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Thu Sep 6 15:27:26 EDT 2001

>>"This is a rare limited edition, Nik and Co. would like to apologise for
>>the discrepancy in the tracklist on the paperwork. The tracks on this
>>version have been incorrectly compiled/ mastered with Psychedelic Warlords
>>appearing instead of Brainstorm. A further correct version of this album
>>will be issued later with Brainstorm appearing correctly as listed."
>
>Funny how they noticed this mistake but failed to notice that "Waiting for
>Tomorrow" appears twice, back-to-back. I thought my CD player was acting
>up...

Well, if one were to be cynical about these things, it's not so funny at
all, its obviously legal 'cover-my-ass' time because 'Psych Warlords' has a
writing credit due to a Mr. Brock, so that would be the more important
mistake. Also why 'Seeing It As You Really Are' and 'Be Yourself' have both
had their names changed to 'Odyssey Improvisation'. On the other tracks
where Mr. Brock would get a credit he would get one not for lyrics but for
music, and if one were to compare the music in the original versions and the
ones presented here, well, probably there's no case. Not that these versions
are necessarily worse, mind you, just sufficiently different...

Stephan

P.S. No-one needs to apologize for making 'Yuri Gagarin' available, at least
not from a musical standpoint, at least not in my opinion - OK, I know I'm
in the minority here...OK a very tiny minority...OK maybe 3 people...

P.P.S. Tony Conrad and Faust - Outside the Dream Syndicate - on my
short-list of favorite 'space-rock and related' albums of all time!