HW: hawks/fantasy

Thu Sep 6 20:48:37 EDT 2001

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Nick Medford wrote:

> In message <200105231144.HAA15656 at listserv.spc.edu>, Alastair Lee
> Sumner <als at POSTMASTER.CO.UK> writes
> >I vaguely remember reading an interview or something at the time where it
> >was said that he swapped his bass for some synths simply because he wanted
> >to be a synth player.
>
> Although I saw another interview (in fact it might be the one on
> www.hawkwind.com) where he was asked, why the switch from bass to
> keyboards, and he said simply "Alan Davey joined the band!" So I wondered
> if the switch was to a certain extent forced on him.

        I thought there was a short gap, maybe a month, when Alan just
replaced Harvey and then after that gap Harvey came back on synths? No
idea where I got that idea from though. I'd still rather they had him than
Tim coming back for the tour though. I love Tim's stuff but Keith can do
swoosh and twiddles quite well enough, Tim will just be bread and
bread; Harvey adds texture and depth. Keith can do that too of course but
Harvey wouldn't take up quite the same head-space and dammit I like
Harvey's playing (now he leaves the bass alone, anyway... ) Yours,
                                                                   Jon

       Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)     jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk