HW: Metal Shield number? (was Re: HMV Oxford Street)

Mick Crook m.j.crook at TALK21.COM
Fri Sep 7 15:13:35 EDT 2001

Frank wrote:
>How can you tell what number you have? My metal shield only has the
>number "2" stamped / etched into the lower left corner on the back. I
>can't find any other numbers on it. Am I missing one somewhere or do I
>have number 2?

As already pointed out, the label stating the number of the shield is plainly visible, and situated in a recess in the casting itself. If yours has the recess but no label maybe it came adrift, but mine (like Mike C's) has an upsidedown 1 in the bottom corner not 2  - are there 2 kinds of shield out there?
Mick