HW:Calvert influences

Layla Thompson lthompson3 at UCLAN.AC.UK
Sat Sep 8 09:45:34 EDT 2001

Blur are a canny good band....

 from 1995 their music has gotten better..... but their old stuff is good to...

 It was certainly a very different KIND of music to that which they do now....

 I like it cause i like music with a very strong beat to it (and NO I am NOT refering to dance or trance or any of that other shite!)

 the latest blur stuff is like that, you can play it loud in any mood and it can make you feel good/stronger.. if you see what I mean...

 along with the Ramones, Alanis Moressette, the Pink Fairies....and early Hawkwind stuff.... (which i like for the same reasons)

 there, I've said my piece (twice in fact!)

 maybe I should go do some work now.....??

 you think?

 okay then....

 Layla.

>>> nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK 09/07/01 06:53pm >>>
In message <B7BE7422.44DA%blackblade at bhalligan.com>, Brian Halligan
<blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM> writes

>Ditto for Blur, though I like a few of their songs.

I suspect their last two albums of being quite good, from what I've heard.
Gotta admit though, I gag a bit at the thought of buying any of their stuff.
Possibly I'm missing out.
--
Nick Medford