HW - off Fairies and stuff

Sun Sep 9 09:30:36 EDT 2001

Pink Fairies  in a nutshell:
1)Never Never Land/Think Pink Demos
Just out -surprisingly superb, musically and quality wise
2)Never Never Land
ferget it fer now - so deleted it's untrue - great album though
3)What A Bunch Of Sweeties
ditto - but their best ever studio album for sure
4)Kings Of Oblivion
roaring through the airwaves still - Larry's finest half hour
5)Kill Em and Eat Em
never liked this much which is probably why it's deleted!!
6)Live At Roundhouse/Pink Fairies EP
Corker - highly underrated and wicked 'Uncle Harry' - studio tracks are
universally steaming
7)Golden Years
Unrel live and studio tracks, plus the classic Glastonbury Fayre album
tracks incl THE 'Uncle Harry' - pretty good album on the whole
8)Mandies and Mescaline
The BBC Radio One In Concert plus radio sessions, plus the Glasto tracks -
definitive stuff - the 'In Concert' featured the only time this particular
Fairies line-up exists on CD.
9)Do It
more unreleased stuff and Glasto tracks again - completely forgotten what's
on it but doesn't register as essential. Also on pink vinyl
10)Pleasure Island
comeback from Rudolph and Twink  - incl a fantastic epic track but now
deleted
11)No Picture
the duo follow-up and come good again - deleted but last few available from
CDS Towers
12)Live At Weeley Festival
On 180 gram vinyl and on CD (in fact may be the 'Do It' thing) but quality
is dire - and I mean dire.
13)Master Series
THE definitive 'Best Of' CD - sadly deleted and rare as rocking horse
droppings - if you see one, GRAB IT!!
14)Uncle Harry
3-sided double LP (sic) of stuff from some CD or other listed above, I think
(guess whose notes are stuck in the office)
15)Twink - Think Pink
vinyl and CD - 'classic' psychedelia that's a little frayed around the edges
(I prefer the demos thing, actually)
16)Deviants/Farren
Sorry - not a fan - someone else can do them - we stock them all but no
comments here, I'm afraid
17)Andy Colqohoun
new CD and it's pretty good 'rawk 'n' roll' with the Sanderson, Hunter,
Fithy trio guesting on one track each
Enogh for you, Mike old boy? Don;t anyone say I've missed out something -
'coz I know I have!
18)Pinkwind/Hawkfairies CD's
bit ropey live collaborations - first is deleted - last one's nearly gone.
anyone wanting anything, you know where to come, by now, I hope.
Andy Garibaldi