NIK: Re: ThunderNik Turner in USA

CCollins54 at AOL.COM CCollins54 at AOL.COM
Tue Sep 11 18:44:59 EDT 2001

Here is the latest update on Nik Turner joining the Strange Daze 2001
festival.  There is currently a show scheduled for October 24, 2001 -
Wednesday at J. J. Kelly's - we are waiting for final confirmation.

Nik is coming to Chicago on the 23rd - that is confirmed!

Jim Lascko has given him an hour at each show - not sure how long at Strange
Daze - finalization of a lot of these events are being worked out.  I am sure
that Jim will be updating his website.

You are probably asking who is going to play with Nik?  Well that will be a
surprise and I know you will enjoy it.

So come out - support them in Chicago, attend the two day festival in
Cleveland - get the word out in Alabama as we hear that the venue holds a lot
of people - a small stadium approximately 5,000.  This will be the first time
we know of that this type of show will happen in St. Petersburg - so do what
you can to let everyone know down there.  Jim Lascko says they are trying to
finalize an Atlanta show!  If there is anyone who can help Jim Lascko
schedule a show, call Jim Lascko and he will get you the help you need to
support the tour. The appearance of Nik should really boost this tour making
Mr. Quimby's Beard a psychedelic household word across the States!

Don't forget about the show in Milwaukee on October 19th - and Columbus on
the 22nd - a Sunday - if you want to keep enjoying the music - you have to
keep supporting the bands.

I have unleashed all of my mental powers to get Nik into this tour and
Strange Daze (and put a band together).  I hope no one will be offended by
this comment but put the truth where it belongs.  We need Nik and as many of
you know we will probably never see Dave again or a band that can legally
hold the name of Hawkwind so let's thank God for who we do have and give them
our best.

The Nik shows will be considerably limited in Hawkwind songs due to the
wishes of  Jim.  Everyone will have to understand that this is not  a
"Hawkwind" tour.  Nik has said that this show will be unlike any other show
that he has done and I have put into the setlist some amazing goodies.  We
will hear some Hawkwind, some Inner City Unit, free jams, unheard of heavy
metal psychedelic poetry, and outlandish noises that will send shivers into
your inner most being.  Is it the beginning of something new or is it the end
of everything?

This is a "Mr. Quimby's Beard" tour.  You have to really respect Harvey and
Nik for boosting this band by humbling themselves to be opening bands.
Again, this has been a lot of work.  Please support this tour with the utmost
of your abilities.  Last year Jim said that there would never be another
Strange Daze due to lack of attendance.  Jim Lascko has sacrificed EVERYTHING
- ALL AND ALL - to make these shows work.  I will repeat his words again - if
you don't support this, you may never get anything like this again.

Peace and Love,

Jim Collins