OFF-TOPIC: Degrees to terroristic disaster (as opposed to "Kevin Bacon")

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Thu Sep 13 00:51:56 EDT 2001

Greetings brethren, sistren, from Lawrence, or DASLUD, or "L'menexe",
depending on who you are.

My sister Debi works in Richmond, VA. Her employer is "Swett and Crawford",
owned by, or a division of, the AON Corporation. We spoke on the phone
tonight.

The AON Corporation occupied the top four floors of one of the towers of the
World Trade Center, the one hit by the second terror jet on tuesday.

*poof*!
or is that
*kaboom*!
1100 people occupying those top four floors.
...which dont exist anymore.

My sister is paid by direct deposit; she's not sure how her next paycheck
from the AON Corporation will show up.
If only that was the least of her concerns; she doesnt live check-to-check,
like her older brother has done.

...But this gets worse.

Apparently, the son of "Swett and Crawford"s  vice president,  at "pilot
school" in Florida with ambitions of one day flying for NASA, had a classmate
at "pilot school".

According to my sister, this "classmate" had driven from Florida to Boston
and got on a jet...which became the second jet to hit the WTC...
With the "assistance" of his fellow terrorists who had hijacked the jet, he
may have been the pilot of the jet after the "real" pilot had been overcome
and probably killed.

Supposedly, the "real" pilot, under those circumstances, would have tried to
fly into the ocean, not into a building.

I was a bit dazed while my sister was telling me this; I hope I have
described the scenario accurately. I wouldnt make this up.
And I said _dazed_, not _stoned_; believe me, I would much rather have been
stoned.

What I've said is not common knowledge to the media....yet. If ever.

For the foreign readers, there's a sort of game known as "six degrees to
Kevin Bacon";
named for the actor Kevin Bacon.
For example, I had an older friend = I called him a "mentor" = who knew,
and/or was a lover of = Leonard Bernstein, Dizzy Gillespie, Billie Holliday,
Aaron Copeland, dancer Martha Graham, and some other cultural icons of that
era.
Therefore, going from moi to my "mentor" to these people, you are now three
"degrees" away from these cultural icons.

...and going from moi, to my sister, to that company vice president, to his
son, to that terroristic pilot, you are now five "degrees" away from monday's
 attack on the World Trade Center.

I think that's how the "game" is "played". I never really "played" it before.

...and i would _still_ rather be stoned.

Good night.
Welcome to World War III.

"<>"
Daslud