HW: Cassettes!

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Fri Sep 14 00:55:25 EDT 2001

figures, I find fairly interesting material, but it's on cassette...oh well...

first up: "Night of the Hawk", AVM Records, '89, also released on CD
It's mostly '80s re-hash material...the only version I don't have being the
Hawklords 7" "Who's Gonna Win the War" (oops, there's another one...sigh),
but 2 versions already is enough for me...so if any hardcore Kollector is
interested in this, shoot me a line. But yeah, I know it's a cassette that
was also released on CD, so...
<the liners are surprisingly accurate, though there is "Psychic Power!>

Also picked up Flicknife cassette of Friends/Relations 2 and 3 on a single
cassette. This is neat, I'm hearing some stuff for the first time.
"Psychedelia Lives" seems longer here than the one on the Best of F/R, though
I could be wrong... "Drug Cabinet Key" of course is just Hawklord's "Flying
Dr.", minus the didj, but a good version. "Wired Up for Sound" I'm assuming
is from Brock's Earthed to the Ground album? Very nice. Who does "Work", is
this ICU? And "Man w/the Golden Arm"? I know, I can check the Codex, but then
I wouldn't have posted this note! Thought it'd be good to keep the HW content
going...

Chuck