HW: Bands at the Royal Festival Hall

Alastair Lee Sumner als at POSTMASTER.CO.UK
Sat Sep 15 12:06:52 EDT 2001

I came across this link for the Psychedelia stuff going on at the RFH
starting on Oct 3rd.

http://www.rfh.org.uk/mindyourhead/

I'm gonna try and get to see all of these. Apart from HW I'm especially
interested in seeing Faust and Acid Mothers Temple although AMT are playing
as Nishion in London the following Sunday. Faust is a must for me though,
I've never seen them live and I've heard they are awesome.

I know at least one or two people on the list like The Residents. I was
persuaded to go and see them last night at the RFH by some friends having
never even heard them before. I must admit I was totally blown away by
their show. They performed their latest DVD Icky Flix live while the films
from the DVD played behind them on a screen.

http://www.residents.com/video/ickyflix.html

The images and animations on that screen were incredible, so surreal, it
was like they had translated their weirdest dreams onto film or something.
I was really impressed by it. I recommend you go and see them if you ever
get the chance, they are amazingly good at being strange.

Alastair.