HW: King and Powell: Mathews?

Sun Sep 16 14:29:47 EDT 2001

On Sun, 27 May 2001, david hall wrote:

> Al Mathews - an American soul singer  who used to support HW. I have a very
> tasty poster HW/Pink Fairies/ Al Mathews etc from 1974? Al is now an actor,
> I think he played an American General in film with Arnie or Bruce
> Willis -something like that.

        All very interesting. I can turn up appearances in _The Fifth
Element_, _Tomorrow Never Dies_, _Soul Survivor_, and _American Roulette_
(which is Hawkwind linked to Bruce Willis and indeed James Bond) on the
web and numerous copies of one single by him (`Fool') up for sale, but
nothing like a discography or anything. What numbers did he do with HW,
anyway, his own or theirs? And which ones of theirs if so? I see one of
the dates Bernhard gives (Reading Festival 1975) lists both him and
Calvert. Nik was playing too. _How_ many frontmen? Yours,
                                                          Jon

ObCD: Farflung - _The Belief Module_
       Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)     jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk