HW:U.S.A.F.T.S. "Dragonfly"

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Sun Sep 16 19:21:05 EDT 2001

At 22:16 +0100 16.09.2001, Jon Jarrett wrote:
>On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, M Holmes wrote:
>>  Nah, gotta be a blanga version of White Rabbit.
>
>         Actually, it has to be said, I have a live version of `Other Side
>of Life' which really does blanga. It's on that weird maybe-boot live disc
>I posted about a while back and it clocks in at 6:52, most of which is
>spent just riffing while all kinds of stuff goes on in the treble
>range. One of those proto-blanga moments. I always reckoned the break in
>The Doors' `Break On Through' was another but that one is maybe less so.

Actually, I was just talking the other day with someone about doing a
blanga version of "White Rabbit" .... :)

That Airplane disc Jon refers to is titled _Through the Looking
Glass_, and the material on it really rips.  There's a guitar break
in its version of "3/5ths of a Mile in 10 Seconds" that is
*blinding*.  No idea what the source of the recordings is, or the
relative legitimacy of the release ....

Cheers,
Carl