HW: a couple of dumb questions re: november

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Sun Sep 16 23:47:00 EDT 2001

re: the november gigs, a few dumb questions...

1) On looking at ticketmaster.co.uk and wayahead, I see that not all of
the gigs are listed as having tickets available.

wayahead has:

  HAWKWIND Rock City               Nottingham WED 07/11/2001 19:30  order
  HAWKWIND Manchester University   Manchester SAT 10/11/2001 19:30  order
  HAWKWIND Royal Court Theatre     Liverpool  SUN 11/11/2001 19:30  order
  HAWKWIND Glasgow Garage          Glasgow    MON 12/11/2001 19:30  order
  HAWKWIND Liquid Rooms            Edinburgh  TUE 13/11/2001 19:30  order
  HAWKWIND Concorde 2              Brighton   WED 21/11/2001 20:00  order

ticketmaster only lists:

                   Hawkwind      PRINCESS THEATRE,
                                 TORQUAY                20/11/2001

                                 ROYAL COURT
                   Hawkwind      LIVERPOOL,
                                 LIVERPOOL              11/11/2001

                                 SANCTUARY
                   Hawkwind      BIRMINGHAM,
                                 BIRMINGHAM             08/11/2001

                   Hawkwind      WYVERN THEATRE,
                                 SWINDON                03/11/2001

The last I checked, they weren't even scheduled for anything in Torquay?

What about the Newcastle, Cardiff, Hitchin, Poole, Salisbury, Walthamstow
gigs?

Is it appropriate to call the venue directly on these? or should I just be
patient?

(getting tickets for UK stuff in the US is a pain in the rear.  phooey.)

2) Also -- does anyone know of any good hotels/motels/b&bs in the vicinity
of the gigs?

3) anyone know what it takes to rent a car in the UK?  (I don't have a UK
license, but a US one.  Do I need to get an international permit or
somesuch, or will I be ok?)

(if anyone else is doing the rent-a-car thing, and is willing to have a
passenger, I'd be terribly grateful...

if not, and folks need a lift, I'm sure I'll be able to stuff a person or
two into a car.)

Thanks!

Arin
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Manager of Web Systems Architecture
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559