BRAIN:Billy Hilfiger

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Tue Sep 18 09:00:38 EDT 2001

Very sorry to hear of Billy's passing - I hope his final days weren't
too painful, and I hope he is in a better place now (no doubt tearing up
some heavenly fretboards).  I had the priviledge of meeting Billy a few
times at tBS gigs in Boston and remember him to be a really cool guy.
Back in those days, Billy and Albert really held the band together live,
since they were both experienced touring musicians, and had a knack for
handling all the little situations that can occur during a live show.  I
still recall one show where Billy had gotten lost on his way to the gig
and arrived very late - that band was a bit upset with him, but, as
Albert said, "All was forgiven" when during the set, Billy let loose a
ripping solo during "Cities on Flame", stepping up to the front of the
stage an hamming it up for the audience.

God Bless you Billy,

John