Clear Channel suggests 150 songs for stations to avoid (9/18/2001)

Nick English nick at NETPHD.NET
Tue Sep 18 16:12:21 EDT 2001

For the record, Clear Channel denied today (Tuesday) that it sent such a list
to any of its stations.  And in the corporate radio wars, I\'d believe that a
competitor could have floated it just to make them look stupid.

They note that one of their top stations, Z-100 in New York, is playing \"New
York, New York\" CONSTANTLY, even though it\'s one of the supposedly \"banned\"
songs.  And think about it. . . it really WOULD take a COMPLETE idiot to
ban \"New York, New York\", wouldn\'t it?  Don\'t get me wrong. . . I worked at one
of an ever-shrinking number of independently-owned stations for about four
years. . . and I HATE Clear Channel and everything they stand for.  But they
couldn\'t be that stupid.

--Nick