OFF: answer me this....??

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Sep 20 18:34:05 EDT 2001

At 22:33 +0100 20.09.2001, Layla Thompson wrote:
>How worried are you that there's going to be a world war
>and we're all going to die?
>vote on a scale of one to ten...  one being, "It doesn't
>bother me at all" and ten being "I've already quit my job
>and built the shelter"

One, I guess.

I haven't really given it much thought, but with things the way they
are right now, I don't think a World War in which we all die is very
likely.  Perhaps, having a massive background in studying history, I
just see it as one more event (albeit a current one) over which I
have no control.  If I were a diplomat or something whose decisions
would have a direct influence on the situation, you can bet I'd be
worried.  As it is, I'm rather more focused on all the stuff that my
actions do have some influence on!

(Like bolloxing my ISP for never holding a connection for more than a
couple of minutes at a go -- makes FTPing a real pain!)

Cheers,
Carl