OFF: answer me this....??

Bill & Cynthia freeaqua at IINET.NET.AU
Thu Sep 20 19:48:24 EDT 2001

  Layla Thompson wrote:

> How worried are you that there's going to be a world war and we're all
going to die?

>  vote on a scale of one to ten...  one being, "It doesn't bother me at
all" and ten being "I've already quit my job and built the shelter"
>  Layla.. mind rotting in panic in Preston, England....

Layla, stop worrying and go out and enjoy yourself.  Play some Hawkwind -
The War I Survived and Mutation Zone would be a good start...:-)

I seriously doubt this will expand into a full world war. If we see the
consequences of bombing innocent people so does the US Government. There is
a lot of difference between Justice and Revenge. If the US seeks justice for
the crime committed against it, then it will have world support. If it seeks
revenge then they are going to ruffle a few feathers.
The US Government will also know that for every action it takes, the
terrorists will have a reprisal action. This means that every known
terrorist base in the world is now a target.
The US will strike at these and perhaps launch an offensive to destroy the
Taliban in Afghanistan. You can bet the Afghani citizens will welcome this.

Remember to, that it's usually regimes that call out "Holy War" against the
Great Satan and these countries are usually ignored by Arab rulers in
general. The war with Iraq is proof of that.

Bill