Clear Channel

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Thu Sep 20 21:42:37 EDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 07:31:55PM -0400, Joe Loehr wrote:
> In a message dated 9/20/01 12:50:22 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
> denis.regenbrecht at UNIBW-MUENCHEN.DE writes:
>

> > ). Here in
> > Germany we _only_ have stations that play top40-stuff all day long. You
> > rarely notice when you switch the channel...
> >

> I say we start another massive airlift into Germany. "The Marshall Plan. Pt.
> 2."
>
> Massive loads of rock, metal and all kinds of boogie music. We must free them
> of the tyranny of Top 40.

There must be decent stations in Poland and the Czech Republic --
it seems too soon for everything to have gotten conglomerated.
All they need to do is beef up their power a bit.  Just call it
Radio Free (Western) Europe.

Speaking of which, remember that RFE TV ad from the 60s?  Guy
striding purposefully through the streets (maybe you only see his
legs); voiceover talking about RFE; the guy goes through a door;
you see him sit down in a radio broadcast booth; he talks into
the mic in some Eastern-European(?) language, ending with "On
Broadvay [sic]" as the song starts up.  Does anyone know where
one might get a copy of that?

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
The world has been attacked.  The world must respond ... [but] we must
be guided by a commitment to do what works in the long run, not by what
makes us feel better in the short run.
        - Jean Chrétien, Prime Minister of Canada