OFF: the new TSOL and Gwar CD's, and of course The Legendary Pink Dots!

christmu@eunet.no christmu at EUNET.NO
Fri Sep 21 13:02:32 EDT 2001

Hails, Star Rats and Oysterheads,
What are your opinions, if any, on the new TSOL CD, "Disappear"? I just
recently ordered this CD, based on the brief soundclips at
www.truesoundsofliberty.com . Already owning the classic "Dance With Me",
which is excellent, driven anarchist darkwave punkrock, I understand they
went through a somewhat undesirable heavy metal period in the late 80's. I
suppose the releleased "Beneath The Shadows" CD is also worth getting... I
definetly do recommend this band to anyone into The Damned and/or
Misfits/Samhain/Danzig though... or the probably long forgotten Jim Jones &
The Kool-Ade Kids, who were like a gothic Dead Kennedys.

Otherwise, another classic US 80's band, the brutal, funny and acid-fuelled
hardcore and heavy metal pioneers Gwar, seem to have undergone some violent
brainsurgery for their new album, "Violence Has Arrived", check
www.gwar.net for more lurid details and a mindblowing cover illustration.
I'm not a huge fan of theirs, and even though their first album ("Hell-O!")
is a fucking hardcore punk classic. I sold my other latter day Gwar CD's
some years ago during economic crisis with about 700 other CD's, their
stuff having become abit too tired and strained, satirical and political
heavy metal. They look like they have returned to form though... In fact,
the first time I had sex and fell in love was to Gwar's "Phallus In
Wonderland" video, and she was a beautiful, stoned, redheaded go-go dancer
with a Danzig logo tattooed over her ass... we moved in together a month
later, until she split the very same summer with a bunch of bikers. Anyway,
Gwar would always hang out at comics conventions I'd go to after we split,
and I'd think to myself "if only they'd known...". The funny thing is,
after we parted, I found out via her twin sister, also a dancer, that we
shared a fiendish habit for cocaine during a brief period, more a party
thing on my end really, but I hope to hell she was as lovesick as I was...
Damn, just stick to good ole fashioned acid, kids, yes, LSD is indeed a
healthy and nutritious drug... and THE drug of choice amongst hippies!

So in fact, when I saw The Legendary Pink Dots play Oslo in 1998, I thought
to myself  "my lovely old heavy metal babe Dorothea would like this, if
only she were here with me and very stoned...", just the kaleidoscope of
lights brought to mind Hawkwind's massive lightshow at the Limelight, NYC
1995... though Hawkwind had go-go dancers in suspended cages, something
Edward Ka-Spel ought to consider for future LPD shows... though maybe not
including fire eaters onstage, though! Yeah, The Legendary Pink Dots are
indeed fucking excellent undead acidrock for living deadheads... heh,
nowadays I just smoke alot of sticky hash and blow the rest of my money on
that delicious yellow street speed, yum-yum...!

Chr.

ObCD: Fear - Fear

---
Visit A Disease of The Mind at
http://home.eunet.no/~christmu/pulp/index.html - a library of rare pulp
covers and other fallout from the 20th Century.