OFF: answer me this....??

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Sep 21 12:25:04 EDT 2001

Bill noted...

>I seriously doubt this will expand into a full world war. If we see the
>consequences of bombing innocent people so does the US Government. There is
>a lot of difference between Justice and Revenge. If the US seeks justice for
>the crime committed against it, then it will have world support. If it seeks
>revenge then they are going to ruffle a few feathers.
>The US Government will also know that for every action it takes, the
>terrorists will have a reprisal action. This means that every known
>terrorist base in the world is now a target.

With the noted exception of western North Carolina.

Seriously, if G.W. were held to that standard of not focussing solely on the
terrorism emanating from the Muslim or Arab world as he claims, shouldn't he
be sending cruise missiles into the hills where known terrorist Eric Rudolph
(anybody remember Atlanta?) has been hiding for several years?  Hard for me
to imagine that he survives entirely on his own without any assistance, so
of course those harboring him are just as guilty.

And does anyone think that the fact the FBI can't 'smoke out' a top 10 'most
wanted' fugitive from their own soil doesn't bode well for doing the same in
other parts of the world?

By the way, how's that drug war going in Colombia?

Still looking for any evidence for optimism based on history....Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  Sorry to be complicit in off-topic threads...somebody post something
about music please.   :)