ADMIN: orbs

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Sep 21 20:24:59 EDT 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:43:26 -0400, Arin Komins
<akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU> wrote:
>The orbs list is now denying me access to post (phooey)

Welcome to the club!

>I'm not sure if orbs is posting a list these days, but if they are,
>and you happen to know why uchicago.edu (128.135.*.*) is offending
>could you please let me know?

I believe that Keith Henderson has been having the same problem from
osu.edu.  From what I've heard, you don't have to be a source of spam to
get on the orbs list, and that complaining to them about it is a good way
to ensure that you *stay* on their list.  I've wound up losing touch with a
few people because of this problem :^(.

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com