Clear Channel

f. rat hawkfan at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Mon Sep 24 07:32:32 EDT 2001

Tim wrote:

> we have at least a few clear channel stations...they like to make music `safe' for the
> middle-of-the-road crowd.all the classic rock ones,same songs and same artists no
> matter which one you listen to.goes without saying no hawkwind,but not even any
> kinks unless its lola.apparently the only song they ever made. anyway,that's why i don't
> like them.
> tim

What is the point of "safe" music? Seriously - if an artist writes music
which is safe,
they
are not even pushing musical barriers, never mind any other sort. I
always thought music
should fire the blood or minds of people listening and playing,
hopefully creating a way of
getting out everyone's frustrations through
singing/playing/listening/grooving. Therefore:
music which sounds "dangerous" and exposes the dangerous feelings and
emotions within us,
without encouraging them to be perpetrated willy nilly on others, but
instead allowing us
explore and release them safely is actually more safe for the world at
large than pop and
M.O.R. opium for the people.

Cheers peeps

f. rat