HW: Tour dates

XXX boclist at HWIND.GLOBALNET.CO.UK
Mon Sep 24 09:50:56 EDT 2001

Hello folks,

Just like to confirm the list of Hawkwind Tour dates for November.
All tickets should now be on sale.

      SATURDAY
     3rd November
     Wyvern Theatre, Swindon

      TUESDAY
     6th November
     Irish Centre, Leeds

      WEDNESDAY
     7th November
     Rock City, Nottingham

      THURSDAY
     8th November
     The Sanctuary, Birmingham

      SATURDAY
     10th November
     Manchester University

      SUNDAY
     11th November
     Royal Court Theatre, Liverpool

      MONDAY
     12th November
     The Garage, Glasgow

      TUESDAY
     13th November
     Liquid Room, Edinburgh

      WEDNESDAY
     14th November
     Opera House, Newcastle

      FRIDAY
     16th November
     Coal Exchange, Cardiff

      SATURDAY
     17th November
     Hitchin Town Hall

      SUNDAY
     18th November
     Poole Arts Centre

      MONDAY
     19th November
     City Hall, Salisbury

      TUESDAY
     20th November
     Princess Theatre, Torquay

      WEDNESDAY
     21st November
     Concorde 2, Brighton

      SATURDAY
     24th November
     Walthamstow Assembly Hall

      MONDAY
     26th November
     The Ambassador, Dublin

Dear Marion,

I'm sorry that you feel this way. I thought I was doing you a goodwill favour by boosting existing publicity. If your fans are stupid enough to think that the rest of the tour is cancelled then that is their problem. Space, as you know, is very expensive in these magazines and since you are fairly adamant that any additional costs I incur to try and boost my own ticket sales have to come out of my promoter profit I am not prepared to go to the additional expense of advertising dates that I am not responsible for. In any event, I've only seen one advert in Classic Rock and one advert in Mojo so far and I feel that there is not enough promotion being done on your side despite assurances and signed agreements from you.

I would be interested to see an advertising schedule from you to clarify what you have or are doing.

Regards,

Glenn

+++++++++++++++++++
Glenn Povey