OFF: Re: Captain Trip label on sale (US sales)

John McIntyre mcintyre at PA.MSU.EDU
Tue Sep 25 14:52:48 EDT 2001

Doug Pearson wrote:

> >Neu! - Live '72 - $10.00
>
> This one is also fantastic and super lo-fi.  An absolute MUST for Neu! fans
> UNLESS you're one of those people who whines about the sound quality
> of 'Text of Festival', 'Glastonbury 90' and the recent Nik live '78 album.

I'll agree with "super lo-fi" but I have to differ with "fantastic".  I also
object to it being called "Live" as to me that implies a concert recording.
This is a rehearsal, so I think "one take" is a better description than "live".
And it's not a very inspired rehearsal.  I'd say get it only if you really love
the three studio albums.

John McIntyre
Physics - Astronomy Domine Dept
Michigan State University