OFF: Re: Captain Trip label on sale (US sales)

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Sep 25 13:48:13 EDT 2001

Doug P. said...

>>What else is good?  How does that Marble
>>Sheep CD compare with their "Shinjuku Loft"?
>
>I'm not positive, but I think that 'Stone Marby' is one of their later
>recordings, meaning it's only of interest if you're also a Grateful Dead
>fan.

It said somewhere there that this recording (which is indeed relatively new)
was more like the original band, and so I went and ordered it myself.  I'm
not sure if they got Michio Kurihara back in the band or not, but I figured
it had to be a pretty good recording at least (some of the old stuff is
pretty rough), and I have hopes that it won't be anything like that rubbish
on 'Twiga' or anything.  Psychedelic Paradise Live I thought was quite good
actually, in a way rather like the Dead, yes, but given that I can't stand
the Dead, much better.  :)

Grakkl (FAA)