OFF: ?

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Wed Sep 26 19:33:08 EDT 2001

I just wanted to thank those who expressed concern for my well-being - I had
posted a message to the neo-quark list last week on Wednesday, September 19,
the first day I was back on-line, but I failed to send it here so I will
append it now.

Stephan

<...

This is off-topic and I apologize, but I think it is easier for me if I can
broadcast this here as some individuals have tried to reach me via the list,
some have tried at e-mail addresses that have not been functioning, or only
working sporadically, others have reached me at working addresses, but I
have no computer at home and only access the Internet at work. The building
I work in is south of Wall Street and has been offline since last Tuesday -
today is the first day we are back up and running, and we are being powered
by mobile generators parked in the street below. I and my family are very
fortunate that no-one we know directly died or is mising, but many of our
friends are not so lucky. I had not left for work on Tuesday morning but saw
the entire sequence of events on TV. A good friend and co-worker had just
exited the PATH station under the World Trade Center when the first plane
hit - he got out as fast as he could, fortunately in one piece. A family
friend had just left the dock below the WTC on the ferry to New Jersey when
the first plane hit and he and the other passengers wached from the water
and then the Jersey shore as it happened. Another family friend has 2
friends missing and undoubtedly dead on the upper floors of the WTC, and a
third friend in the hospital with burns over 80% of her body, she is not
expected to survive. My boss at work has a family friend missing and also
undoubtedly dead. Another friend has a neighbor who is a firefighter,
missing as well. The list goes on. I apologize for this downer, but ask that
everyone keep the victims and their families in their thoughts.

...>