OFF: Dead Kennedies?

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Sep 27 16:25:39 EDT 2001

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:30:21 +0100, Stuckey, Robert
<robert.stuckey at WCOM.CO.UK> wrote:
>   Can anyone remember that Dead Kennedies song on "Give Me Convenience
>  Or Give Me Death" where Jello Biaffra impersonates George Bush Snr
>  talking to Maggie Thatch about starting a war to ease the number of
>  people in the dole queues, I think it had "Bleed For Me" playing in
>  the background?

Are you thinking of (I think it's titled) "We're in a Whole Lot More
Trouble Now" (or something along those lines) that starts out with Jello's
recitation over a coctail-lounge-piano version of "California Uber Alles"
and then explodes into a heavier version of that song, updated to reflect
ex-CA Gov/President Ronald Reagan (not George Sr., who was only VP at the
time ... the DK's broke up before he became pres.) instead of ex-CA
Gov/Presidential wannabe Jerry Brown (now my mayor, for better or worse)?

Or buy the new CD of 'Plastic Surgery Disasters'/'In God We Trust Inc.'
from which the royalties go to Ray & Klaus instead of Eric (as opposed to
the opposite on the previous Alternative Tentacles version).

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com