HW; Greasy Truckers 2001 - guitar duties

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Sep 28 14:42:39 EDT 2001

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 07:58:57 +0200, Denis Regenbrecht
<denis.regenbrecht at UNIBW-MUENCHEN.DE> wrote:
>Ade? I think he's the best bass player HW ever had, but did he ever play
>the guitar with HW? I've never saw or heard him doing this.

Never with Hawkwind AFAIK, but he's played most of the guitars and
keyboards on his three solo albums, which BTW all contain many examples of
the wonderfully melodic vibe he brought to Hawkwind.

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 18:14:24 +0100, "Captain Bl at ck" <starfield at SUPANET.COM>
wrote:
>Somehow I can't imagine Paul Rudolph even considering working with Nik
>again.  Especially after he threatened to leave Hawkwind if Nik wasn't
>given the chop.

I doubt that would be an issue, as Al Powell (who was in cahoots with
Rudolph at the time, especially seeing that they played together in Kicks
and on the Deviants "Screwed Up" EP after Hawkwind) played on Nik's
entire '95 US tour, and is on the "confirmed" list for this event.  Not
*everyone* holds grudges for 25 years (certainly not Nik - if that were the
case I don't think there would be an ICU reunion as part of the show)!

And finally, on Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:19:57 -0400, K Henderson
<henderson.120 at OSU.EDU> wrote:
>...rumour has it that the two Steves are over in the UK now,
>which leads me to believe that Star Nation may again be flying.

Curiouser and curiouser.  Even though it hasn't been announced, I've
assumed that they were going to be part of Nik's band in Cleveland next
month ...

(Never a dull moment with Hawkwind "personnel" issues!)

 -Doug
  jasret at mindspring.com