OFF: STARFIELD: Careful with that CD-R, Eugene...

KevinSommers novadrive at COX.NET
Sat Apr 6 23:44:31 EST 2002

Starfield's 'Insomniac': for those who don't have it, get one now; it's
fantastic!
For those who do have it, be careful.  It's a little business card-sized
CD-R thingy, and I was trying to play it the other day, and my player said
'No Disc" when I knew that I just put it in.  I ejected the tray, and the
CD-R was magically replaced by a beautiful woman and a tiger, except that
there was no beautiful woman or tiger.  The crazy thing had jumped out of
the tray into the guts of the player.  I had to perform surgery to get it
out, and whilst it suffered a small crack on one edge due to (I assume)
being run over by the tray assembly a few times, it is still playable.  I
plan to burn it onto a regular-sized CD-R for future listens.
I've got a combo CD/DVD/LaserDisc player, which necessitates a fairly
complex tray, but this might be a problem on other players as well.

KevinSommers
"Craziness, down through history, has performed impressively"