HW:Strange Lyrics Question

Roger Elmer roger at RELMER.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Mon Apr 8 15:45:46 EDT 2002

Date:    Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:01:15 GMT
From:    M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK>
Subject: Re: HW: Strange lyrics question

KevinSommers writes:

> Here's "lyrics" question I don't expect an answer to, but which I was
> pondering the other day: What is it that is being "sung" at the end (after
> about five minutes) of the 'RoadHawks'/reissue-CD 'Space Ritual' version of
> "You Shouldn't That" ???

>I always think I can here "I can't take control..." in there.

>FoFP

This must be Psi Power!  Only the day before this appeared I was going to post on exactly the same thing...

Some Hawklore trivia that has bugged me down the ages:

- What does Dave say at the start of You Shouldn't Do That (Space Ritual encore version, Road Hawks etc)?
        Sounds like "Ah! .........Is Terry Ollis in here?"

- Still on that track - it's a classic version which changes into Seeing It As You Really Are - what are the lyrics
     at the end?   Nik / Bob singing? Anybody?  Bernhard? Here's some (admittedly weird!) ideas, until Dave/Nik reveal the truth.

        "I  - I
         Defy
         De-deny (de-lie?)
         I can't take control
         Soar through the blood red seas
         Complicate your (????????)
         Think you know what we're after
         D R (dignity?)
         We know exactly who we are
         Trying to fly - getting high
          (????????) - take it NOW (no no..........)

-  What are the lyrics to Stonehenge Decoded?