HW: Simon King and Mike Moorcock

Tue Apr 9 16:42:57 EDT 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 09:57:03PM -0500, Doug Pearson typed out:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:45:17 -0800, Allan T. Grohe, Jr.
> <grodog at PACBELL.NET> wrote:
> >I don't recall offhand if MM has ever played an instrument with HW at
> >a show, but certainly some members of HW must have performed with MM
> >during Deep Fix gigs (if any?).
>
> The Deep Fix performed at Nik Turner's Bohemian Love-In at the Roundhouse
> (along with Nik's Sphynx & the Damned) with MM on guitar and Ade Shaw on
> bass (in the Griffin 'Illustrated Collectors Guide' interview, Moorcock
> mentions his Guild? hollowbody being crushed at the show).  Not sure who
> the drummer was.

        The personnel for that gig are listed by Brian Tawn in Hawkfan 12
as MM, Pete Pavli and Ade Shaw; I'm not sure there *was* a drummer. If
there were I'd have expected someone as obsessive as Brian to have
mentioned them ;-)

        But as for the original question, I don't know if the first Deep
Fix (of _New World's Fair_ fame) ever performed live, but its drummer was
Terry Ollis, wasn't it? Among others, but principally. Or such is the
impression the album's liner notes give... Yours,
                                                  Jon

--
        Jonathan Jarrett                Birkbeck College, London
                 jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk