HW: new album ??

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Apr 9 20:35:10 EDT 2002

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:22:46 EDT, Ted Jackson <tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU>
wrote:
>On 9 Apr 2002, at 16:04, Doug Pearson wrote:
>> Nope, COLOURSOUND! ...
>>
>Damn!  You the man!  I was aware of Coloursound's fuzz units, but I
>didn't know they did Wahs too.

Tonebender, right?  The Jeff Beck/Yardbirds sound ...

>BTW, the big thing over here are
>reproductions of the old Coloursound units...

I haven't checked out any of the reissues.  I *really* hope they've done
the wah's correctly, since the Coloursound wah really has a unique sound
that's very different from the Crybaby (and Vox, and boutique equivalents
like the Budda, Teese, Fulltone RMC, etc.) or Morley -type wah sounds.
Sort of more "rubbery" (for lack of a better term), with a ton of "quack".

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com

P.S. The second hit on a Yahoo! search for '+Coloursound +wah' turns up
this page:
http://www.geocities.com/sjyoules/storyofwah.html
... which is indeed Dave's old wah (a Coloursound wah/fuzz/SWELL, not a
straight wah/fuzz as I posted earlier ... and presumably a Coloursound
Superphaze was added later?  Perhaps mr. Kniveton can correct me, if he
isn't busy with the thread topic?).  It also turns up another HW chat:
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~hwind/text/irc_second-chat-edit.htm
... and info on the Coloursound reissues can be found here:
http://www.macaris.co.uk/system/index.html
(My old wah/fuzz is not really anything like the reissue)