When hippies ruled the world

Jobson, Eddie ejobson at THRUPOINT.NET
Wed Apr 10 09:22:26 EDT 2002

But that's often one of the categories the media tried to put them into, so
I am happy for them to be tagged that way by the BBC as long as I can see
some of that rare footage again. I think they only scrapped into the 'When
Rock Ruled the World' one because of background on Lemmy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Jackson
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Sent: 10/04/02 07:13
Subject: Re: When hippies ruled the world

On 10 Apr 2002, at 5:42, stephen lindas wrote:

> I have A Brock interview where he says they weren't into the Hippy
> thing. They were into Anarchy. I've heard Nik compare HW as the first
> Sex Pistols(Not Quite but very revolutionary). Isn't the Hippy thing
> more of a west coast deal? Just because someone has long hair and uses
> drugs doesn't make them a hippy. Never heard HW sing pretty songs
> about peace and love. Their music was loud and psychotic. Would
> Sabbath or Zeppelin be hippies too?

Absolutely no, in Sab's case.  They have made it clear in many
interviews that they were too angry to buy into the hippie ethos.
The obsessively negative imagery in Geezer's early lyrics should be
plenty of proof of that!

theo
Note:  The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
your computer. Thank you.  ThruPoint, Inc.