OFF: New Farflung Albums

Tue Apr 16 19:09:56 EDT 2002

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Chuck Rosenberg wrote:

> I just got a package w/the two new discs...
>
> the soundtrack album, When Science Fails (Falcata-Galia/Transparency), is
> very good, definitely not the entire 'flung experience, though, being mostly
> like their slower, more ambient parts.
>
> The album (still to be released, this is just a CD-R) for Brainticket
> includes four tunes from the unreleased Myth album, and out-takes that seem
> to be from the same sessions. "Prototype of a Traveller" has vocals now...i
> don't think it did before. "Some in the Water" is the closing track to the
> Science album. So that leaves only two tracks from the Myth disc not
> released..."When I Awoke to Sleep No More" is a real mind-blower, too bad
> that wasn't included...

        It is on the Strange Daze CD-R at least... what's the other
ommitted one? And when does this album see the light, is the burning
question?

        Also, something I asked ages back but never saw a response to, who
is in Farflung these days? The last personnel list I saw was that on
_Belief Module_, and then there's the Strange Daze CD-R and the only names
in common are Gammaknife! and Tommy. So who are Scott and Dix, and Brandon
indeed since I thought that *was* Gammaknife! as he as always been on the
previous releases... What's happened to Michael Esther? And who's on the
new stuff? Inquiring minds need to know, and either Chuck or Doug can
surely say... Yours,
                     Jon

ObCD: Hawkwind - _Love in Space_ disc one
--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)