Off: Page guitars, was HW: new album ??

Chris Warburton desdinova at MADASAFISH.COM
Tue Apr 16 19:20:21 EDT 2002

<unlurk>
OK,here's my own litlle starf*cker story...
JP played guitar for an all-star version of Ian Stewart & Charlie Watts'
"Rocket 88" blues'n'boogie band for an Alexis Korner memorial charity gig
that our jazz club in Nottingham put on...
This particular night produced a few good stories which I may relate one
day, but after the show (with the man's permission, of course) I did
actually get to play the LP that he used on the night (unamplified,
unfortunately)... I'm not particularly a fan of Les Pauls, but it was
probably the most beautiful guitar I've ever handled - and so superbly set
up that it almost seemed to play itself!!

As for early Zep recordings, I think he used a Dano as well as the Tele on
some tracks... he certainly played one during the period in question: see
the cover of the BBC Sessions album.

Cheers,
ChrisW

At 16:23 11/04/02, you wrote:
>The LP 1960 Classic has the Page signature ceramic magnet humbucker's and it
>sounds like an Tel...alright I was about to tell a little lie. It sounds like
>a runaway freight train like all LP's and does a wonderful Zeppelin sound.

<snip>